126 Franklin Street NW, Hutchinson, MN
Located on the scenic Crow River on the north end of downtown Hutchinson, the City has a 1- acre lot available for sale. The site is one block west of Main Street and plainly visible from State highways 15 and 7. Within easy walking distance are numerous parks, the Luce Line State Trail, coffee shops, restaurants, a fitness center, a movie theatre and a wide variety of retail shops.
For qualifying projects, the City is willing to consider sale of the lot for $1.
The city would be particularly interested in the following types of redevelopment:
- Multi-story apartment complex
- Commercial / residential development
- Brew pub
- Sports Bar
- Owner: City of Hutchinson
- Address: 126 Franklin Street NW, Hutchinson, Minnesota
- Acreage: 1-acre of vacant land (≈ 43,555 square feet)
- Zoning: Currently Zoned, C-3, “Central Commercial”. Will rezone as needed.
NOTE: Site is in the 100-year FEMA floodplain, so the finished floor elevation of any building would have to be built 1-foot above that level.
- Utilities: Electric, natural gas, water, sanitary sewer, etc. are all available on site.
- Height: No restriction, except that City Council approval, would be required for any structure in excess of six stories or 75 feet.
- Roads: State Hwy 7 is about two blocks north of the site
State Hwy 15 / Main Street is one block east of the site
- Trails: The Luce Line State Trail is two blocks north of the site
Several additional paved city trails are within one block of the site
- Parks: Cedar Park — ½ block west
Gateway Park — ½ block east
Girl Scout Park — ¾ block northeast
Fireman’s Park — 2 blocks east
Veteran’s Park — 3 blocks east
Eheim Park — 1 ½ blocks northeast
North Park — 1 ½ blocks southwest
Library Square — 2 blocks southeast
- Downtown: Coffee Shop — ½ block east
- Attractions: Fitness Center — ½ block east
Bank — 1 block east
Movie Theatre — 2 ½ blocks southeast
Beauty Salons — 2 blocks
Ice Cream Shops — 1-2 blocks
Restaurants — 2 blocks
Public Library — 3 blocks
Downtown shopping — 1-2 blocks